pcb-rnd knowledge pool
joke_pricing by Tibor 'Igor2' Palinkas on 2020-01-18
Tags: joke, pricing, license, demo
pcb-rnd pro is for professional Engineers working in middle sized or large companies. It supports team work 1 , scriptable DRC, and setting up a company footprint library.
pcb-rnd net is coming with cloud 2 footprint library support. Why store your library locally, when you can depend on the Cloud?
Limitations: this license is available only from version 2.0.0 up.
pcb-rnd small business
At pcb-rnd we value the innovative contribution small companies and startups make to the global economy. This special offer allows a single license to be used by multiple engineers. pcb-rnd small business has low hardware requirements 3 , so operators don't need to purchase 24" screens and 8-core processors.
Limitations: this license does not include phone support.
pcb-rnd exchange is ideal for converting board files stored in different file formats (KiCAD, Eagle, Protel, etc.) accumulated over the decades into an unified, portable format 4 .
Limitations: does not save compressed board files.
List price: $3510. Contact your local sales for discount options.
Most engineers are not only engineers in their daytime job but are engineers at home too! For them, pcb-rnd personal is the ideal choice: it can be installed on multiple devices to work on personal/hobby projects! pcb-rnd personal comes with support for local, personal, on-disk footprint libraries.
Limitations: board size can not exceed 2.1m*2.1m when configured with 32 bit coordinates.
The console 5 version allows users to run pcb-rnd without GUI. This is especially useful when pcb-rnd is used as part of a web service running in the background on a server.
Limitations: no mouse support.
The next generation of engineers should use cutting edge software to learn PCB design. This version is targeting students or small class of students.
Limitations: no official user support on facebook.
Before you decide to buy an advanced license, we invite you to try pcb-rnd for free. Download the latest release from the pcb-rnd home page for an evaluation period of 5 billion years.
- 1 team work: the native file format is plain text, designed to be version-control-friendly.
- 2 networking: with fp_wget remote footprints libraries can be used using http.
- 3 low hardware requirement: pcb-rnd runs fine on an a 32 bit ARM (e.g. raspberry PI), with screen resolutions as low as 800x600.
- 4 portable format: pcb-rnd is using a well documented plain text format, with version tag; pcb-rnd can load and save any previous version of the native file format.
- 5 console version: run pcb-rnd with the --gui batch command line option to get a non-gui front-end. For server-only usage, compile pcb-rnd from source and disable GUI HIDs at configure: ./configure --disable-hid_gtk2_gdk --disable-hid_gtk2_gl --disable-hid_lesstif
this page is obviously a joke - pcb-rnd is a free, open source software, licensed under the GNU GPL. You can get the same features, free license, free support as any other user, without paying a cent. Limitations are not because of licensing policy but because of design decisions or lack of developer time.
Replace your proprietary EDA tool with pcb-rnd today.