pcb-rnd knowledge pool
How to cross-compile recent versions of pcb-rnd to windows on *nix
win32-cross by Tibor 'Igor2' Palinkas on 2019-10-25
Tags: howto, cross-compile, win32, windows, exe
Abstract: This howto is about compiling the latest svn version of pcb-rnd.
The below manual process is the temporary solution for cross-compiling svn HEAD pcb-rnd to windows. The steps marked with * are due to bugs that will eventually be fixed. (There is another node about cross-compiling 2.1.4 )
- download the binary development pack of hidlib.w32 (alternatively: cross-compile it)
- install the hidlib.w32 pack; this document assumes it is installed under ~/w32-rnd, but it can be placed anywhere
- make an svn checkout of pcb-rnd from svn://repo.hu/pcb-rnd/trunk
- copy configure.w in trunk/scconfig/configure.w and make it executable (chmod 775 configure.w)
- copy crossw32.conf in trunk/scconfig/crossw32.conf
- edit crossw32.conf: replace the path after the equation sign in the first line to the path where hidlib.w32 got copied to; the path entered here should have /usr/local/lib under it.
- cd trunk/scconfig; ./configure.w
* edit trunk/config.h, replace original paths with:
#define PCB_PREFIX pcb_w32_root #define PCBSHAREDIR pcb_w32_sharedir #define PCBLIBDIR pcb_w32_libdir #define BINDIR pcb_w32_bindir
- cd trunk/src ; make all_exe
This should produce trunk/src/pcb-rnd.exe.
The whole, zippable pack is produced by pcb-rnd.w32.pack.sh : it should be copied to trunk/ and ran from there. It contains configuration at the top of the script (paths should be changed).