pcb-rnd - the [gpmi] patch
Thanks to gpmi, pcb-rnd is scriptable in about 10 scripting languages (e.g.
lua, awk, ruby, python, scheme, tcl). Scripts are integrated in pcb-rnd and
have access to most of the internals. Scripts
are able to:
- register new actions
- create new menus and submenus
- execute existing actions
- pop up simple dialog boxes (message, report, progress bar, file selection) -- check out the video
- build and pop up custom dialog boxes (so called attribute dialogs)
- search for objects (lines, arc, polys, vias, etc.) on the layout
- change and move existing objects on the layout
- create new objects on the layout
- change "page" properties (dimensions of the board)
- debug draw on the gui (slightly broken on gtk due to some gtk hid bugs)
This feature has three options:
- disabled: not compiled at all - when gpmi is not installed (no gpmi scripting in PCB)
- buildin: compiled and linked in the executable - pcb-rnd always can load and run scripts
- plugin: compiled as a loadable plugin - pcb-rnd can load and run scripts if the plugin is installed
Check out the Rosetta stone of
save/load and compatibility
Save/load files are not affected.
Expose more internals, write more example scripts and documentation.