pcb-rnd knowledge pool
Coordinated User Contribution Project
cucp by Tibor 'Igor2' Palinkas on 2018-11-06
Tags: howto, user, contribution, contribute, contrib, help, join, test, testing, doc, documentation
Abstract: We have a growing mountain of user doable tasks, ranging from coordinated testing to documentation. The main problem seems to be time and coordination. As an attempt to fix these, the CUCP is introduced.
The CUCP construction is:
- the User allocates a _regular_ time slot, probably 1..2 hours a week, that the User makes absolutely clear of any other task; e.g. "every Wednesday 6pm to 7pm". Girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/kids/friends configured to know this time slot is dedicated to pcb-rnd.
- it is okay if occasionally something real important preempts, but that shouldn't happen too often - just pick a time slot that you can dedicate
- the User signs up for the CUCP, tells me the time slot chosen
- before each slot, the User gets detailed instructions what needs to be done; these don't require any special skills, just some real basic pcb-rnd user level know-how and usually the latest svn version of pcb-rnd. Tasks come in real small portions, usually doable in 1 hour.
Benefits for the user:
- visible, appreciated contribution to the project
- regular progress, something you can look back at after months or years and can see what you have done
- no responsibilities and complications: you don't need to oversee or worry about an overall state of the CUCP, don't need to coordinate anything, so there's no long-term responsibility involved. It's really just lending your brain & fingers for 1..2 hours a week
- fixed time frame: the CUCP understands that you offer that specific amount of time, and will not push for more; this task won't grow to eat up your free time
If you are interested, please contact me . The project needs you.